Serenity Acres Farm
Serenity Acres Farm

Serenity Acres Farm Internships

DOWNLOADS

We are a 60 acre "Animal Welfare Approved" certified working farm and raw goat milk dairy. We belong to the 2% who feed the other 98% of the population.

We are looking for energetic and positive people who like to work with animals outdoors and who are interested to really learn how to run a farm & dairy and who are willing to help us on our farm in exchange for warm/clean room and great food. We usually have 6 wwoofers in addition to our farm manager. We have a diverse dairy goat herd to produce raw milk, yogurt, cheeses and soap; we have truly free-range chickens for eggs, and a small herd of Black Angus Cattle; we also have horses, ducks, dogs, cats, fruit trees, and (most of the time) a large vegetable garden, where we grow vegetables for our own consumption.

The work hours are determined by the task and may include night hours during kidding season, early mornings for milking, evening hours to finish cheese and yogurt made in the morning, or closing chickens in at dusk. If you like to complain about long hours, hard work, dirty feet, or don't like music and dancing in the milking parlor, this farm is not for you. We do try to provide plenty of hang time to relax and go for a swim or for a ride.

The suggested minimum length of stay is 90 days, but we will consider shorter stays with the right person. From time to time we also have management or senior wwoofer positions become available and we love to tap longer term wwoofers for these paid positions.

We accept helpers year round as the climate is fairly mild in the winter and work continues throughout the year.

Living quarters consist of a fully furnished community house with bathrooms including access to wireless and laundry facilities. Dinners are usually eaten community style at the farmhouse and everyone takes a turn cooking. As meals are included, help with preparation and clean-up is a must. Lacto-vegetarians are totally welcome.

We expect reliability, honesty and a strong work ethic. Absolutely no illegal drugs (zero tolerance), no smoking, moderate alcohol consumption ok.

No pets or children as we have Livestock Guardian Dogs. For our peace of mind we might ask for references. We speak English,German and some French.

Valdosta is 20 miles and Tallahassee is 50 miles. No public transit available, but we pick up from the Greyhound Station or airport in Valdosta, Georgia. Plenty of recreation opportunities available along the nearby rivers and natural forests for hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, canoeing and horseback riding.

Serenity Acres Farm
Serenity Acres Farm
Website designed & hosted by Outdoor Resources, LLC